Patrick Mullady (Mulleady)
Resident at Harbour Row
|Regiment/Unit:||Royal Dublin Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion|
|Regiment Number:||9023; Chelsea Number: 680478/K|
|Date of Death:|
Patrick was born in on Harbour Row, Longford, on the 26 October 1883. He was named after his father, who was a stone mason. Prior to his original enlistment, Patrick worked as a plate-layer.
Pte Mullady first enlisted in the Royal Dublin Fusiliers in March 1905; he was deployed to the western front on the 22 August 1914, but was made a prisoner-of-war just 5 days later. Patrick was one of a number of Longford prisoners at Gefangenen Lager.Their chaplain Rev. Fr. Crotty (titled Irischer Kaplan) wrote to Bishop Hoare of Ardagh & Clonmacnois; this letter was reproduced in the Longford Leader's War Notes on the 2 July 1915 under the subheadings: Longford Prisoners of War in Germany - Striking Testimony to the Religious Fervour of Irish Prisoners - The Good Catholic Soldiers (linked below).
Patrick was repatriated in December 1918 and was later transferred to the Reserve.
|Parents Names:||Son of Patrick Mullady and Bridget (née Campbell), Harbour Row, Longford.|
|Notes:||Possible marriage to Elizabeth Ryan, 5 May 1919 in St. Mel's Cathedral.|