Michael Friary / Friery
|Street:||6 Healy's Terrace|
|Alternative Address:||Bog Lane, Longford; 19 Scott's Row, Berryhill, Wishaw, Lanarkshire, Scotland; St Brigid's Terrace, Longford|
Residing with family in House 18, Bog Lane
Residing with relatives, Patrick and Kate Friary in Cloontirm.
|Regiment/Unit:||Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers; [Connaught Rangers, 4th (Special Reserve) Battalion]|
|Regiment Number:||48559; [4/4330]|
|Date of Death:|
|Memorial:||Unknown, likely Ballymacormack Cemetery, Longford|
Michael was born on Bog Lane, Longford around the 2 October 1892. Prior to the war, he was working as a labourer. Michael married Mary Shields in St. Mel's Cathedral, on the 1 February 1913. Sadly, Mary died in September 1925*
Michael enlisted with the Connaught Rangers for war service in 1915, and entered the was on the 1 September 1915 at Gallipoli.
Enlisted 1st September 1915. Wounded in head, in Salonika / Dardanelles. Returned to duty (even with a plate in the skull ?} Married to Mary Shiels and lived in Wishaw and later returned to live in St Michael's Terrace. (Mary died September 1925 leaving five children).
|Parents Names:||Son of John Friary and Mary (née Mullen), Bog Lane, Longford|